- RSVP ClosedThu, Jun 09Online EventJun 09, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDTOnline EventAs you rise from the LA Basin up through the San Gabriels, everything changes. Variation in rainfall, temperature, and elevation result in strata of different plant and animal communities in a process known as vertical zonation. Join us for a virtual field trip in the San Gabriel Mountains.
- RSVP ClosedThu, May 26Online EventMay 26, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PMOnline EventLos Angeles is often thought of as a concrete jungle, but did you know that it’s also a biodiversity hotspot? The hotspot known as the California Floristic Province is home to almost 40,000 known species! Join us to learn more about the habitats in our backyard!
- RSVP ClosedThu, Apr 28Online EventApr 28, 12:00 PM PDT – Apr 29, 1:00 PM PDTOnline EventThis training aims to dispel the myths of snakes, especially rattlesnakes, and disseminate the truth about their ecology and importance. Learn about our slithery neighbors and gain appreciation for a healthy coexistence rooted in education rather than fear.
- Sold OutTue, Apr 05Online TrainingApr 05, 4:00 PM PDT – Jun 07, 6:00 PM PDTOnline TrainingBecome a trained Naturalist and Community Scientist ready to take an active role in natural resource conservation, education, and restoration. You'll develop a naturalist lens to better understand local ecology and become equipped to interpret naturalist concepts for and from diverse perspectives.
- RSVP ClosedWed, Mar 30Online Event
- RSVP ClosedWed, Mar 16Online EventMar 16, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM PDTOnline EventIn this training we will provide a case study of the Arroyo Seco past and present to understand how it impacts the near future. In this case study we understand the relationship between urban development, the need to control nature, and how it impacts our relationship to nature.
- RSVP ClosedThu, Feb 10Online EventFeb 10, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM PSTOnline EventJoin us for an interactive workshop practicing native plant identification for habitats local to the LA region! By going over helpful strategies and resources, participants will become familiar with the flora of chaparral, coastal sage scrub, woodland, and riparian habitats.