Tue, Aug 01|
Franklin Canyon Ranch Parking Lot
Public Program: Full Moon Hike
Join us for a night hike on the Hastain Trail under the light of the full moon, otherwise known as the "Sturgeon Moon"!
Time & Location
Aug 01, 7:15 PM – 9:45 PM
Franklin Canyon Ranch Parking Lot, 1923 Franklin Canyon Drive
About the Event
Please take 5 minutes to read the folllowing description for this program:
Join us for a two hour interpretive program hosted by Community Nature Connection in Franklin Canyon Park. This program will consist of a 1.5 hour long hike under the light of the full moon. The Hastain trail is a little over 2 miles and consist of a decent amount of elevation so please make sure you prepare accordingly.
What to bring & how to prepare:
- Wear sturdy and comfortable closed toe shoes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- Bring a water bottle and snacks
- Masks are not required outside and around the park. Please see "Covid Guidelines" at the bottom of this description for further details.
- Weather appropriate clothing & layers if nessesary.
- Please familiarize yourself with the following: Covid Guidelines & Wavier & Photo Release Form. Copies of the Waiver and Photo Release Form will be given to you upon arrival to complete and sign. Signatures are required in order to participate in the program.
Directions: Prior to the event please review the following Directions to Franklin Canyon Park. This document will help guide you into the park, however please use southern entrace to Franklin Canyon Park ONLY (see details below regarding northern road closure). Participants will be meeting in the south parking lot in Franklin Canyon Park, Franklin Canyon Ranch. Going north on Franklin Canyon Drive, at the first STOP sign (you will see a stone house on your right), make that right on Lake Drive. The Lower Ranch parking lot will be on the left at the end of the road.
*****Due to road damage the northern entrance to Franklin Canyon (from the Valley via Coldwater Canyon) is currently closed! Please use the southern entrance (from Beverly hills via Beverly Hills Drive) to access the park.****
For questions or concerns please contact WODOC @communitynatureconnection.org.
WODOC Program Ticket