Sat, Jun 24|
Public Program: Storytime & Nature Walk
Join us for storybook reading and learn about the natural world around us! This program is geared towards youth ages 3-10 but is welcome to friends of all ages.
Time & Location
Jun 24, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Heavenly Pond, 2600 Franklin Canyon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210, USA
About the Event
Please take 5 minutes to read the folllowing description for this program:
Join us for a two hour interpretive program hosted by the Lead Naturalist at the Sooky Goldman Nature Center in Franklin Canyon Park. This program will consist of a nature-themed children's book reading, followed by a short nature walk. This program is ideal for ages 3-10 and welcome to all ages. The nature walk will be rated EASY and perfect for little explorers! Please make sure to fill out the registration completely and make sure contact information is accurate.
What to bring & how to prepare:
- This will be an outdoor event so please bring weather appropriate clothing & layers if nessesary.
- Closed toed shoes
- Bring a water bottle and snacks.
- Masks are not required outside and around the park. Please see "Covid Guidelines" for more information.
- Please familiarize yourself with the following: Covid Guidelines & Wavier & Photo Release Form.Copies of the Waiver and Photo Release Form will be given to you upon arrival to complete and sign. Signatures are required in order to participate in the program.
- DIRECTIONS: Prior to the event please review the following Directions to Franklin Canyon Park which will direct you to the Sooky Goldman Nature Center and Nothern Parking Lot. Please use southern entrace to Franklin Canyon Park ONLY (see details below regarding northern road closure). Upon arrival please see Map to Heavenly Pond in order to make your way to the event location.
*****Due to road damage the northern entrance to Franklin Canyon (from the Valley via Coldwater Canyon) is currently closed! Please use the southern entrance (from Beverly hills via Beverly Hills Drive) to access the park.****
For questions or concerns please contact WODOC @communitynatureconnection.org.